Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Here's to new beginnings

For all of you who may or may not know, I had taken quite a lengthy massage sabbatical. I came to Seattle to seeking an enviorment that would nurture my massage career. Getting into massage was a passion of mine because I wanted to make a difference in people's lives and in ways that really mattered. Intuitively, I knew massage was the right outlet for me to do that and I found myself passionate about going to work every day. I sought to grow as a therapist and a professional and thru the last several years those things have come to fruition. Having my son and enduring a painful layoff was just the shove I needed to get back on the horse. I am excited to run a business and I feel confident I can do it in ways I always dreamed of.

So here I am. I will be restarting my career on the 7 year anniversary of me moving to Seattle, September 23rd. 7 was always my lucky number as a kid, and 23 is the number that's been following me around my entire adult life. Interesting if you think about it.

In navigating my website, you will find the abilty to book your appointments, pay for services via pay pal, and find all new client paperwork available for download. It is very important that you do not have your pop up blocker on when using any of these services, otherwise you will not be able to access them.

Paperwork-Please print, complete and bring it with you to your first appointment. If you are going to be paying for massage yourself and not billing a third party, you DO NOT need to include the insurance/PIP/L&I paperwork. For people interested in having me bill your insurance, please be advised I am not able to take any insurance clients quite yet, as I am waiting on my NPI number from the State. Payment- Please review the pricing and how Paypal works document. This does not require a signature but it does include very important information on my services. Paypal is wonderful and secure, and it's a great way to do business. The pay pal button you see here on my site is inclusive for all massage services I provide. I've even included a "tip jar" so that you can pay for your tips here too. You might notice it's in $1 increments, but you can change the quantity, thus impacting the dollar amount when you are re routed to PayPal.

I also wanted to share with my perspective clients/friends/family that I'm trying to book my first two weeks and I'm offering $10 off to anyone who books an appointment for the 23, 24, 26 and 27th. This is good for a half hour, hour or hour and a half massage. You may notice when you head over to my scheduling page that I'm also offering hot stone massage. Since I am still waiting on the delivery of my stone set, the hot stone massage will not become available until sometime in October. I will keep everyone posted look forward to getting all of you on the table for this one! I also will not be accepting any insurance, PIP or L&I clients until I get a couple provider numbers from the state. All works in progress :).

I will be practicing out of the Active Space in West Seattle, Suite 220. West Seattle is a wonderful place to have a practice and I couldn't be happier about this opportunity! Another glorious announcement is I will be sharing a space with my friend and colleague Desire Loper..aka Gypsy Foot. She is a wonderful L.M.P. who I had the privledge of hiring and getting to know while working at a local Chiropractors office several years ago. We will be filling in for eachother occassionally, so perhaps one day you will get to meet her if you don't already have the pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment